Graphic Design Volunteer
You Can Thrive!, based in NYC, is looking for a Web Design Volunteer who is familiar with the WIX platform to volunteer either virtually or in person.
We are searching for a bright, highly motivated individual to expand & update our organization's website on WIX, plus be adept in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, html, video & other web media.
In this position, you will help to implement the site’s new structure, making it look fresh and up-to-date. In addition, you will help create social media graphics and animations, plus do simple video edits.
So, if you are someone who wants to further our mission to help create equity in healthcare and holistic well being, plus build your portfolio, we’d love to hear from you.
In your cover letter, please specify your availability and include links to your portfolio. Remote is acceptable, but based in NYC is preferred.
• Candidates will spend 6-12 months working on the development aspects of our organization. This may lead to a more expansive position for the right candidate.
• Required 8-20 hours/week.
• Studying for or recently graduated.
• Experience with Wix
• Basic HTML and CSS skills.
• Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Graphic design skills
• Qualities such as dependability, reliability, initiative, a positive attitude toward the job.
• Be able to commute to our NYC office if need be
Responsibilities and Duties
• Implement a high-quality site and graphics designs on web, especially mobile
• Create memorable interactive experiences
• Collaborate with development teams to create clean and intuitive designs.
• Ensure quality checks and proofing for any final produced items
• Experience with SEO, Google Analytics, a plus
You Can Thrive! is a non-profit organization that provides services for wellness and cancer support for all Breast Cancer survivors and their families regardless of ability to pay. You Can Thrive! provides access to critical patient navigation and integrative holistic services to reduce symptoms associated with cancer and its treatments and improve outcomes in an affordable community volunteer model.