Luana DeAngelis and other Champions Host Protect Ya Chest Panel
• What: Protect Ya Chest - Panel 'Bout Breast Cancer Awareness
• When: Sunday, October 20th 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Where: Alumni Flushing (135-18 Northern Boulevard, Flushing, New York)
• How: Free event! Just pull up!
• Special Treat: Free coffee and egg tarts served throughout the afternoon and during the event; a copy of UNDO magazine while supplies last
For breast cancer awareness month, Vans released a capsule collection, for which a minimum of $200,000 of its proceeds will go toward CoppaFeel!, a breast cancer awareness group. We hope Vans will start looking at You Can Thrive! as a source for funding as well.
They are partnering with Vans to not only highlight the collection, but also to host a panel headed by Luana DeAngelis that can further explain the cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure for breast cancer.
The panel will take place this Sunday, October 20th at Alumni Flushing. In addition to complimentary coffee and snacks, we’ll be gifting copies of UNDO-ORDINARY, a bi-annual health and wellness magazine.
No RSVP required. All are welcome.
• 5-6 p.m. - Shopping, tea/coffee time, getting acquainted, settling in
• 6-6:45 p.m. - Panel moderated by Seher
• 6:45-7:10 p.m. - Q&A with the audience
• What is breast cancer?
• How does one get it? How does one prevent it?
• What happens when you're diagnosed with breast cancer?
• Why is it so common?
• What medical treatments or initiatives are out there to fight this disease?
• How come we're aware of "pink" and "breast cancer" the term, but not familiar with what it actually is? Is there something wrong in the breast cancer charity space?
• How can funding and donations be better utilized in fight against breast cancer?